Cosmetic Dentistry – A healthy smile
A healthy smile is priceless and contagious and could make the best first impression on the people you contact. Moreover, a beautiful smile has the most social influence, making people remember you after the first meeting. Recent research has proved that people with a healthy, nice smile are considered more confident, sociable and successful.
Healthy food, proper mouth hygiene, regular brushing and flossing are essential to keep the teeth and gum healthy. Professional deposit and stain removal by hygienists are essential to keep the teeth and gum healthy. The health and appearance of the discoloured teeth can further be improved by professional deposit and stain removal undertaken by our hygienist using an EMS Ultrasonic device and sometimes EMS Airflow. We can help prevent dental and gum disease at the London Specialist Dentists clinic.
While at the London Specialist Dentists clinic, we can help you to prevent both dental and gum disease; a full smile makeover assessment and consultation could be provided to inform you of the possible steps you could take to improve your smile using the latest conservative techniques applied in combined multidisciplinary cosmetic dentistry.
What is Cosmetic dentistry?
At the London Specialist Dentists clinic, we will advise you about our modern conservative and cosmetic treatment options to bring you a happier and more attractive smile.
To enhance your smile, we offer the latest combined home/office teeth whitening, composite bonding, replacement of grey amalgam fillings, Invisalign clear aligners, porcelain veneers, porcelain crowns and bridges, and implant-supported ceramic crowns and bridges.
Professional teeth cleaning utilising EMS® piezo-scaler and Air-flow technology, followed by an effective home whitening system (Enlighten®), eliminates age, and diet-related discoloured teeth to bright white and stain-free in a short time!
This minimally invasive and painless treatment is a quick outcome simulation of following a virtual surface stain removal, tooth reshaping and teeth straightening, neater and whiter.
Excessive gum exposure or gingival display, known as a gummy smile, could be a concern. It could make your teeth look short, small, or square-shaped and your smile aesthetically disproportionate. A Gummy smile could be treated in many ways.
Porcelain veneers are thin to ultra-thin porcelain laminates that are attached to the tooth surface by a special resin bonding system. They are fabricated manually or digitally to rectify tooth surface imperfections like slightly tipped, chipped or discoloured teeth. They modify tooth contour and surface defects to enhance tooth appearance.
Tooth reshaping or recontouring is about enhancing the marginal ridges, incisal edges or sharp edges of teeth to a more anatomic and aesthetically pleasing appearance. These minor teeth filing may improve the appearance of your teeth and your smile.
A smile makeover encompasses a combination of one or more cosmetic dental treatments, including stain removal, tooth reshaping, composite bonding, gum sculpting, porcelain veneers, crowns and bridges to enhance the smile’s overall appearance.
Porcelain crowns and bridges are fabricated and cemented on the remaining teeth to improve tooth appearance, occlusal support and chewing function or comfort.
The light and healthy colour of teeth can gradually become darker through the years as a result of ageing, external discolouring beverages and food, dark and discoloured filings, and mechanical and chemical trauma. After stain removal and a thorough cleaning, teeth-whitening should be undertaken to lighten the colour of natural teeth.
Who is the right candidate for Cosmetic dentistry?
Many candidates for complete smile makeovers require a bright smile to attain higher self-esteem and more self-confidence in their social and professional environments. Aesthetic smile analysis can reveal the potential changes that could be made to improve your natural smile by implementing cosmetic dentistry.
During your initial consultation, we will ask you about any concerns about your smile appearance.
After a comprehensive oral examination and assessment of the aesthetic aspects of your dentition, we will let you know if you are the right candidate for cosmetic dentistry.
We will explore and discuss all the possible steps you could take to enhance your smile using the latest conservative techniques applied in cosmetic dentistry. We will also advise you on the appropriate treatment options, the cons. and pros, the short and long-term prognosis, and the time/ cost benefits of each treatment alternative.
During your second complimentary session, you will be provided with a comprehensive report on our findings and recommendations and the most appropriate cosmetic and restorative options to enhance your smile design. We shall provide you with more accurate treatment details and quotes for the specific treatment of your choice, together with a smile simulation.
The Cosmetic Dental Specialists
At the London Specialist Dentists Clinic, we have harnessed the art and profession of transforming and enhancing smiles in a most non-invasive, tissue-preserving, biologically compatible and artistic way. Our team of experts and our lead dentist, Dr Nico Kamosi, has over 25 years of experience in cosmetic dentistry.
You can book your consultation online today and take the next step in becoming a more confident you.
What are the benefits of cosmetic dentistry?
Like full mouth rehabilitation, smile make-over comprises consecutive treatment phases undertaken by different dental specialities following a multidisciplinary protocol. However, in a smile makeover, the main treatment aims, objectives, and strategies would primarily address your subjective and objective aesthetic treatment needs.
A comprehensive smile makeover may consist of a few non-invasive treatment components performed in consecutive order. Based on the patient’s case-specific oral and dental biological status and the patient’s subjective and objective treatment needs, the most appropriate non-invasive multi-disciplinary treatment options will be opted and undertaken to benefit you as follows:
- Periodontal assessment by a periodontist and possible periodontal treatment.
- Improving the colour of the discoloured and stained teeth by professional teeth whitening to reduce or minimise the need for unnecessary invasive tooth preparations.
- Evaluation of the functional Occlusion, e.g., masticatory support and chewing comfort.
- Smile Simulation using a 3D-Smile prototype or a Temporary aesthetic bridge.
- Orthodontist evaluation of the misaligned teeth to assess the indication for orthodontic treatment to correct and improve the teeth misalignment and/or to create adequate space required for an additional implant crown or a symmetric veneer/crown in the smile region.
- Prosthodontic evaluation of the edentulous space with missing teeth by an implantologist to assess the best options for replacement of missing teeth by implant-supported crown and bridges.
- Provision of porcelain veneers and crowns to address imperfections and enhance your smile for ultimate aesthetics.
- Maintenance and supportive treatment.
The disadvantages of cosmetic dentistry when using a 2D digitally simulated Smile makeover
Most people have a clear idea about the unpleasant features of their smile, including misaligned teeth, gaps, missing teeth, old, discoloured fillings, teeth, and crowns.
Nowadays, some cosmetic dentists can provide a computer-simulated smile makeover in-office or online. However, a 2D outcome simulation could not provide the clinician with appropriate information about periodontal tissues, root misalignment, occlusal arrangement and other 3D anatomical parameters required for a sound diagnostic approach and comprehensive treatment planning.
The disadvantages of Express/Immediate Smile makeover in cosmetic dentistry
Based on the Express/Immediate smile-makeover concept, some cosmetic dentists would consider eliminating some of the essential non-invasive treatment components and turning a non-invasive multi-disciplinary treatment into a moderately semi-invasive treatment procedure by reducing the time factor!
Considering the patient’s case-specific oral, dental and biological status, to meet the patient’s expectations, implementation of shortest treatment strategies may involve disadvantages by failing to:
- Undertake professional periodontal assessment and treatment by a periodontist.
- Improve the colour of the discoloured and stained teeth by professional successive teeth whitening.
- Reduce the need for unnecessary invasive tooth preparations by teeth whitening.
- Record the functional Occlusion and dynamic jaw movements.
- implement the best options for replacement of the missing teeth by an implantologist.
- Correct the teeth misalignment, and to create adequate space for dental implants; or other symmetric restorations
FAQ – What do patients usually ask about cosmetic dentistry?
At London Specialist Dentists clinic, we transform your Smile:
– After advising you the latest and most conservative cosmetic treatment options
– After you have understood and consented to your treatment of choice
– using pain-free techniques according to our minimally-invasive holistic dentistry
– we are always available to support you with quality care at every stage of your treatment
– we guarantee our work for 5 years.
Based on the extent and complexity of the work we estimate different time line for the following treatment stages:
- Teeth whitening: 2-3 weeks;
- Composite bonding: 2 days;
- Invisalign® clear aligners: 4 to 14 months;
- Implant: 2 to 6 months;
- Porcelain veneers, crowns and bridges: 2 weeks
Obviously, the implementation of clear aligners or dental implants would prolong the treatment by 4-14 months.
In the absence of orthodontics and implant dentistry a full mouth reconstruction or cosmetic dentistry would take only up to 3 months. The addition of dental implants would prolong the treatment by extra 2 to 6 months.